Complete France Forum

Wireless setup using an non wireless FREEbox

I have a Belkin wireless router and wondered whether I can utilise it to gain wireless in our house but along side our non wireless FREEbox. I still need the FREEbox as we use the telephone sevice with it (telephone physically plugged in the back). So at the end of the day I would like to have our FREEbox running as it is and to have wireless ADSL around the house from the Belkin - possible?

Or upgrade your old Freebox (v.4 ?) to a Freebox HD v.5 with 4 Ethernet ports, built in WiFi, a Freebox HD TV box and 2 freeplugs.

This may be free, depending on how long you've had your current abonnement. Check on your 'interface de gestion Freebox' on the Mon compte page on http://portail.free.fr/

Hope this helps,

@+

Andrew (44)

At least there are a few more Freenauts out there than I thought there were, I was beginning to feel like the odd one out.

I have a lot of audio feedback noise on my television programs, it changes according to the colour composition on the screen and is at its worst whenever there is a text box like on the news programs, the info on the following program or if I press for a résumé, it sounds like the scart lead has dodgy screening and sometimes moving it does change/reduce the noise.

Does anyone else experience this?

Of course it could just be my telly.

Archived