Complete France Forum

Ordering on line from Pixmania, extra charges for unwanted "add-ons".

I needed recently to order on-line a router and RJ45 cable for a friend.   I chose Pixmania,  filled in the details,   and was nearing the end of the process when I noticed that the sub-total had magically increased to a figure €10 higher than expected. 

Investigation showed that they had "added" two options - €3.02 for a Contrat achat tranquilité and €7 for a carte de fidelité.

At no stage in the process hitherto had these items been mentioned,   and try as I might I couldn't find an option to suppress them.

So Pixmania lost the order and Amazon gained it.

First,  it's obvious that this is an inertia-selling technique,  I'd wager that they specifically don't want you to find a method of suppressing these add-ons and hope you'll just shrug and carry on.   But second,  there must still be a few people like me who watch the centimes very carefully in these circumstances,   and who instead of shrugging just push the X key in annoyance.

But I'd be interested to know if anyone has managed to outwit Pixmania on this one.....

I once inadvertantly paid a sneaky premium so that I could be recompensed if good were damaged in transit!

The latest one I have found is in a gardening brochure, I was offered a discount and free postage (always worth having in France)

but at the bottom of the order form was written 'particpation forfaitaire aux frais de traitement de la commande  €5.99' ,

I would be charged for placing an order [:-))]

Only in France [Www]

With Otelo they sneakily tick the box for you to pay an extra fee for them to honour your rights under European law to a guarantee.

Only in France!

Actually I should add "in this day and age" I can still remember when shoe shops (in the UK) refused to even look at broken shoes because "you have been wearing them" [:D]

Archived