Complete France Forum

cheapest PAYG sim to text/phone UK

I think Wooly is right !   What is it with France and their attitude to mobile phone charges ?   Most UK phone companies will give sim cards out for free... Get one free from Orange for UK use and when you put £10 on it they give you an additional £5 's worth of credit ...and thats a French company . I have just sent off for one you  get it on line  I intend to give it to  relatives who are soon arriving from Australia  to use while they are with us and touring the UK ...After their stay  they can drop the card  in the bin  .

O2 have some good packages.  I have the 'simplicity' deal and pay £5 a month (it's PAYG so I don't have to pay the £5) for unlimited texts to UK mobiles / landlines.  I paid a one off £4.99 for cheap international rates and they just gave me 50mins calling time a month FOC for the next three months.   French mobile phone deals are lousy!

Mrs R51

Edit: Tariffs are here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go

[quote user="Richard51"]O2 have some good packages.  I have the 'simplicity' deal and pay £5 a month (it's PAYG so I don't have to pay the £5) for unlimited texts to UK mobiles / landlines.  I paid a one off £4.99 for cheap international rates and they just gave me 50mins calling time a month FOC for the next three months.   French mobile phone deals are lousy!

Mrs R51

Edit: Tariffs are here: http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/Pay_and_Go

This sounds a great solution for me Mrs R51 -i.e I make no mobile calls but do loads of texting to UK mobiles..

Did you order/buy on line or when you were actually in UK? Would you mind explaining how you sussed the one-off payment for cheap international rates?  Any additional info would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Sue
[/quote]

Advantage of Leclerc is that the credit lasts for a year.  My daughter bought a French Orange phone and the 5 euro card only lasts one week.

I take my Leclerc mobile to the UK and it works there.  They text you with the tariff costs as you cross the Channel.

Archived