Complete France Forum

Should I be outraged?

[quote user="pachapapa"]

The term MF was used by non GI troops in the Korean war to refer to GIs.

The reason is that when they visited Korean Brothels whilst on furlough the GIs always insisted on consorting with ladies having more solid bust lines. It is a characteristic of the ladies of that region that before having children they have relatively unobtrusive bust lines.

The troops used to extract the mickey from their GI comrades in arms by calling them MFs.

[/quote]

An urban myth methinks!

MF dates to at least the 1920s. The Historical Dictionary of American Slang has a first cite of 1928. It, however, is a euphemistic site. It is generally agreed by lexicographers, etymologists, and historians that "MF" existed at the end of the 19th century.  

[quote user="Salty Sam"][quote user="pachapapa"]

The term MF was used by non GI troops in the Korean war to refer to GIs.

The reason is that when they visited Korean Brothels whilst on furlough the GIs always insisted on consorting with ladies having more solid bust lines. It is a characteristic of the ladies of that region that before having children they have relatively unobtrusive bust lines.

The troops used to extract the mickey from their GI comrades in arms by calling them MFs.

[/quote]

An urban myth methinks!

MF dates to at least the 1920s. The Historical Dictionary of American Slang has a first cite of 1928. It, however, is a euphemistic site. It is generally agreed by lexicographers, etymologists, and historians that "MF" existed at the end of the 19th century.  

[/quote]

If you read my post you would have noted that I said USED and in no way made any etymological claims.

If you visit the "reserved" murals at pompeii, apparently a popular Roman Activity.

Archived