Complete France Forum

Eurosport and Andy Murray

My dear lady wife would like to watch Andy Murray next week when he plays at the Australian Open. It's being broadcast on Eurosport, but not having a subscription to S**, we can't watch it. Quel dommage.

However, we have access to french digital broadcasting, via the Astra satellite and a french digi-box, and I have noticed assorted european channels are also available. I wonder if the eurosport channel is perhaps available among these?

Can anyone help?

Regards

You can get Eurosport, Eurosport News and Eurosport 2 (thats the one with the tennis on you want) in France by either TNT or Satellite other than that i.e. subscription required etc I do not know.

If you have Orange the tennis will be on Orange Sport but you have to pay for 1 Euro per month for the first 3 months then 3 Euros per month after that.

I watch Eurosport frequently but Eurosport 2 although on HotBird 6/8/9 13°E is in HD MPEG4 and a decodeur is required.

There is Tennis on both channels, apparently they play more than one match at a time.[:D]

But Eurosport has a lot of tennis the programming is available on the link below.

http://tv.eurosport.de/tvhome.shtml

As an engineer I did study german at university; indeed today german is almost essential to keep up to speed on technological development.

What a comprehensive response!

@Martin963/Jane and Danny, thanks for the pointers - I've tuned in the french digi-box and LOML is now happily watching it. The german commentary is unimportant, it's sport after all. (Many's the time I've wished for NO commentary....)

@Quillan/Pachapapa, they seem to be broadcasting tennis on ordinary Eurosport. Whether Andy will be shown, we shall see. Thanks for the link to the schedule, it helps.

Thanks for all your assistance, gained me some brownie points

Archived