Complete France Forum

Icons on toolbar

I am running Windows XP I think (how do I confirm?) and at the bottom of my screen there are some icons that seem to vary each time I switch on, one is the volume that comes and goes, others have appeared that I dont really care about telling me that updates are available for Java, Adobe etc and there usually is a link to My E-bay, E-bay alerts etc.

Often the volume one goes missing, always when it seems to be muted and hence I cant turn it back up/on and also like today the E-bay link is not there.

Can anyone tell me how to get them back and keep them there please?

Editted.

I know that there is a little arrow to afficher les icones cachées but the missing one still dont come back.

I found that thanks PPP.

Whilst I have managed to mask some of the annoying ones that keep popping up for updates the E-bay icon is listed under "eléments precédents" and not under "eléments actuels" where I think it needs to be, I cant find a way of moving it from one to the other.

I did that and have just gone back and checked, it is marke as 'toujours affiché" but aint there!

I also tried a reboot, hardly the most pressing problem I have but a niggling one nonetheless, I just cant work out why it come and goes, or at least used to!

It came back of its own volition after my computer had one of its regular hissy fits and shut down on me, when I rebooted there it was again and now it is in the "eléments actuels" box so maybe its here to stay.

It also coincided with my right mouse button stopping working but that was caused by me dropping it and then trying to repair it with a soldering iron more suited to lorry radiators!!!

Archived