Complete France Forum

Finding an old email on orange

I am trying to find an email that I know hasn't been deleted by me. All my outgoing emails are still there but not my incoming ones, is there any way of retrouving it? I had outlook on my old computer which picked up my emails as well and I could access them via the orange homepage too, on my netbook I just have the orange homepage.

Thanks but they aren't there. I tried to save everything off other computer when it broke, and I have found a folder called orange emails on my memory stick but I can't open it. It is the only document that won't open it just says

winmail.fol Fichier FOL 1KO I don't know what I need to do to open it and read it.

Can't you get into your emails from the Orange homepage?  French version top left identifiez-vous, then messagerie.  If you do manage to get into the messagerie with the list of emails, top right there is a facility, Je cherche dans mes mails.  If you type in it a name or words in the email you are looking for, it should be able to find it.

Gardener, have a loook at my post of April 2010 (sorry can't figure out how to give you the link, but search under "Outlook Express exterminated" and you should get to it.  We lost our entire Outlook Express contents but there were various places where they were cached on the computer and I recovered most of our old messages.  Maybe yours is in a similar place.

Chrissie (81)

The Winmail.fol is part of the backup system for Outlook, it contains the folder scheme but no actual data i.e. emails. There should be another file ending in .eml which contains the actual emails, if you don't have this file then that's it I am afraid. They need to be in the same folder and then you can do a 'restore' from within Outlook. I would try putting the memory stick in the computer then opening Outlook and try and restore from the 'drive' and folder of the memory stick.

Archived