Complete France Forum

Joanna Lumley and aol problem

Recently download aol 9.6 from aol.co.uk, I like the voice of Joanna Lumley! Today I get the message "That mail not currently available" when trying to open new emails. I can open them if I surf to aol.co.uk or aol.fr. Also if I click on "Email options" and then "Check other email" no problem. This used to happen from time to time with the previous version aol 9.1 but would resolve itself within a few seconds but not today. So any other aol user out there having this problem today?.............................JR

AOL has always had a reputation of being a cr*p email system because it dislikes so much and thinks that just about everything in spam. Many of the websites I advertise on state quite clearly that if you have an AOL account to create another with a different email company. Some will not even allow you to put an AOL email address in particular those that offer money back if you get not enquiries because they know from experience that the emails do not always get through. So my tip is that you use something like Hotmail of Gmail instead.

Well about an hour later they must have done summat to fix it as it sprang into life, nothing wot I done guv! I have asked questions about aol before but no takers, apart from the we hate aol brigade, so am I the only one to use this ISP. It might be useful to have a thread on which ISP folk like when in France, i.e. which one would you recommend to new arrivals? I think AOL, Neuf and SFR are really the same now as my bill comes from SFR and before that Neuf...............................JR

PS The only thing about Joanna is it is a bit creepy when she says "You've got company" when someone comes on to the AIM Buddy list. One forum suggested it might mean "There's a knife-wielding homicidal maniac one metre behind you." 

Archived