Complete France Forum

télécommande

We couldn't get a universal one to work on our french toshiba tv. And friends who said 'give it here' couldn't get it to work either. It was chucked recently, strange what you keep, when you shouldn't!

Take your zapper into somewhere like a Darty apres vente place and get a new one, or order one.

Depends how old it is as to whether you can get a replacement. You can get SKY remotes on Ebay UK. I got a brand new one for about a tenner which had the buttons marked in Spanish, but otherwise identical to the original. Might be worth searching there for whatever you have. Never tried a universal one.

The TV would be about 4 years old and was bought in France.  Bought it from some slimeball of a "local" dealer so don't fancy going back to ask him to fleece me a second time.

Will take it to a TV shop and see what they tell me.

Thanks to you all for taking the time and trouble to reply.

[quote user="sweet 17"]Are these things universal?  How do I know which type I need?[/quote]

I think that it would be helpful if you specified what sort of equipment this 'télécommande' is for.   Even my very limited and luddite experience of life leads me to believe that the télécommande of an automatic gate is quite different from the télécommande of a hifi system (and that neither has anything at all to do with a 'telly').

[quote user="Gengulphus"][quote user="sweet 17"]Are these things universal?  How do I know which type I need?[/quote]
I think that it would be helpful if you specified what sort of equipment this 'télécommande' is for.   Even my very limited and luddite experience of life leads me to believe that the télécommande of an automatic gate is quite different from the télécommande of a hifi system (and that neither has anything at all to do with a 'telly').

[/quote]

Le zappeur a utilisé la zappeuse pour zapper la téle, nezzpah!

Archived