Complete France Forum

An end to unsolicited marketing calls?

The Liste Pacitel allows individuals to register their number if they wish not to receive unsolicited marketing calls.

PACITEL is now live at http://www.pacitel.fr/

It will become operational at the beginning of December 2011.

Click on "Inscrivez-vous" on the right-hand side to register your number if you do not want to receive unsolicited marketing calls.

Type in the tel number (land-line or mobile.)

Complete the form with an email address where the confirmation will be sent (it may take up to 24h), a password and the security verification.

In general a very good idea but I'm a little sceptical as to how it will work..

As I read it the list of Pacitel registered consumers, ie of those who do not want to receive unsolicited marketing calls, will be respected by those businesses who have opted to agree to the Pacitel proposals. A possible 80% - really??

[quote user="suej"] In general a very good idea but I'm a little sceptical as to how it will work..

As I read it the list of Pacitel registered consumers, ie of those who do not want to receive unsolicited marketing calls, will be respected by those businesses who have opted to agree to the Pacitel proposals. A possible 80% - really?[/quote]

Whatever the % of businesses which sign on to this, it is bound to be an improvement on the current situation, isn't it?

I have never had my tel number listed anywhere and I was on FT's Liste Rouge for several years. Now with SFR, I have declined to have my number listed.

I can count the number of unsolicited marketing calls I get in a year on the fingers of one hand...

Archived