Complete France Forum

Who called? France Telecom

I'm still getting unsolicited calls even though I'm listed on the "Orange list" and shown in the directory with a "dot" next to my number; I've also subscribed to Pacitel. The number of calls has decreased dramatically, so it's not as infuriating as previously.

I still get calls where they hang up when I start to speak (in French - must be my accent! [:-))] ) and I'd like to know who called.

FT have a 3131 service but that only tells you about who called when you're not there to answer, you can't get details of a call where you've already picked up.

Does anyone subscribe to "Stop Secret"? It costs 1€ per month and currently offer 1 month free (wow!). This service intercepts calls from masked numbers and asks them to leave their name and you are then presented with this info so that you can decide whether to accept the call. You can add a list of trusted numbers. Is this a sledgehammer and nut solution? 1€ a month would be a small price to get rid of the problem completely.

I have the same problem with 3131 with Free, its pretty much a chocolate teapot, at least I can block all calls from with-held numbers, that seems the only thing that stops most of the cold callers, Pacitel didnt make much of a difference in my case, after a few months I had a trial without the blocking of with-held numbers and the volume of telemarketting was unbearable.

The problem with the blocking is that it advises callers to remove the restriction but those from the UK havnt a clue what is being said, they are not even sure that they have come through to my number.

I still get too many sales calls, those that dont block their numbers, also lots come through with no number affiché possibly call centres abroad but that doesnt mean they have blocked their number, just it cannot for some reason be shown.

The UK callers wouldn't be too much of a problem for me, I could add their numbers to the "trusted" list anyway, and in any case none of my contacts, the ones I really want, have masked numbers; it only seems to be sales callers who don't show their number... I think!

I'm going to try this "stop secret" for a period and see how it goes. I've had a  few sales calls recently and they always seem to come a daft (inconvenient) times.

Not a technical answer I am afraid but it seems to work for us,we have 2 numbers the land line and the voip phone number,we only give friends the voip number.When the land line number rings we answer clearly in English and when they ask do we speak french we say no,it takes a while but our sales calls have virtually stopped.

Worth a try.

I always seem to have a spate of these and junk emails after I buy anthing from French online electrical (sell everything) type shops . I knew where the emails had originated from as I had deliberately mispelt my name to test my theory!

They did dry up quite quickly after contacting aforementioned shop and telling them I was liste rouge.

Archived