Complete France Forum

Blocking numbers on Orange internet phone?

Hi, just trying to find out if its possible to block specific numbers calling our orange voip service.  Have engaged pacitel for some help, but still get many cold calls (including one at 2.30 am today) with the number displayed.  The orange website only seems to allow blocking of outgoing calls but wondered if anyone knows if there is a way to blacklist numbers.  My mobile handset allows you to do it for incoming calls, if it could be done on the landline it would at least prevent some repeated marketing 'attacks'.   Any advice gratefully received as usual.

I don't kniw if you can block individual numbers, but you can put yourself onto the equivalent of the Liste Rouge, can't remember what the name is for the 09 numbers.

You need to go onto the Orange fr site and select Espace Client  -- 

mon compte internet  -- 

mes services internet & téléphone  -- 

ma parution annuaire  --  gérer mes critères de parution

critères de parution annuaire  --  modifier

Click on  --   et services de renseignements   and  J'ai pris connaissance des informations ci-dessus et certifie l'exactitude des renseignements déclarés.

It takes about 72 hours for it to be activated, but obviously it will stay in the printed Annuaire till the next print.

You are welcome [:D]

I only did that at the beginning of last week, so I hope it works too [:D] I did it after a French friend said that she had contacted FT to get her 09 number onto Liste Rouge and was told that no chance, couldn't be done. So I phoned the English help line.

I was the first one, that the guy I spoke to, that had requested it, so a learning curve for both of us. Then I went and sorted our friends.

The French help line has a HELL of a lot to learn about service and help!

Archived