Complete France Forum

News prepaid card fone offer starts Monday

A prepaid card which does not run out, so long as you use the fone once a year, an offer which might interest many of us. It starts on Monday by Bougues and is available on www.b-and-you.fr . You have to get the sim via the website but can then get recharges at the usual outlets. Looks useful.

Perhaps, as he is sitting with his begging bowl outside the barrel, dozing after a well watered lunch, Norman might go through the details to see if there are any catches. The sort of thing he does so well.

http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/votre-argent/telephonie-mobile-enfin-une-carte-prepayee-sans-limite-de-duree-07-09-2012-2154371.php

[quote user="woolybanana"]

A prepaid card which does not run out, so long as you use the fone once a year, an offer which might interest many of us. 

[/quote]

At last. A sim card suitable for my OH and many of my friends who feel safer/more reassured having a phone but do not need to use it much.

Thanks for the info WB.

Sue

[quote user="woolybanana"]

A prepaid card which does not run out, so long as you use the fone once a year, an offer which might interest many of us. It starts on Monday by Bougues and is available on www.b-and-you.fr . You have to get the sim via the website but can then get recharges at the usual outlets. Looks useful.

Perhaps, as he is sitting with his begging bowl outside the barrel, dozing after a well watered lunch, Norman might go through the details to see if there are any catches. The sort of thing he does so well.

http://www.leparisien.fr/economie/votre-argent/telephonie-mobile-enfin-une-carte-prepayee-sans-limite-de-duree-07-09-2012-2154371.php

[/quote]

In fact I was reading about it over my excellent lunch sans alcohol...

Will look at the details and report back. Probably Chancer will be a good person to pick at the details too..

A first thought is that if you already have free.fr as your Internet provider you can have a sim card for 0€ a month, paying just the calls, but as most of you don't have freefr it could replace the offers of Leclerc or Virgin mobile prepaid, as it gets rid of the time limit.

For 4.99 you get the card and 15 minutes. There after you have to buy credit at 10€ 15e etc, so I would imagine people who call very little might end up paying 14.99€ (card + I top up)

https://blog.b-and-you.fr/feedbacks/102308-10-septembre-2012-b-you-reinvente-la-carte-prepayee

I now have a zero cost Free.fr contract using my old number so I am sorted, as for the new one, yes there definitely is a need for this but judging by all the other french companise who have met this niche, NRJ and the others whose name escapes me, expect them to remove the time limited credit as soon as they have got most of their customers, usually by sneakily changing theterms and conditions and leaving loads of their customers without a phone after stealing their money.

Cynical? - moi?

Well 3 times bitten four times shy!!

Even the Free contract at €2 per month for 60 mins plus 100 texts is very good value compared to what was available before on the Racket Scandal Arnaque tariffs although all the other bar stewards have now been forced to align more or less with Free so I think you can get a similar deal from all of them.

What I really like about my Free contract, apart from it costing me zilch is that I can go over the 60 minutes, I could talk for hours and never worry about running out of credit, topping up again etc, also the cost when you do exceed your allowance is only a few centimes per minute, a 10th of what it would have cost me before.

Before the phone would only get used for emergencies or to use up the credit before they stole it, if I forgot not only did I lose my hard earned but also my line and number, what sort of idiot thinks dreams up this customer abuse? Nowadays I get to use pretty much all the 60 minutes and in 6 months have paid 10 or 20 centimes and one other month a little more.

Editted, Norman the free Free simcard also gives you 60 minutes of free calls and 100 textos per month, limited to one per household I believe, after that additional ones cost €2 per month.

[quote user="Chancer"]

I now have a zero cost Free.fr contract using my old number so I am sorted, as for the new one, yes there definitely is a need for this but judging by all the other french companise who have met this niche, NRJ and the others whose name escapes me, expect them to remove the time limited credit as soon as they have got most of their customers, usually by sneakily changing theterms and conditions and leaving loads of their customers without a phone after stealing their money.

Cynical? - moi?[/quote]

Simyo being one of the companies that shafted its users in the fashion you describe.    We used our €35 credit up on international calls so that at least Simyo didn't end up with our money for nothing.....  Then we changed to LeClerc which isn't a bad offer,  although not as good as the one mentioned here.

We have Free €0 and €2 contracts. Unfortunately one can't phone or text outside of France with these contracts - this may affect some people.

We have a backup Asda prepay sim that works to and from just about anywhere in the world - at a price - but we're discussing occasional users here. No abonnement and no loss of credit provided there's a chargeable event every six months.

"With ASDA Mobile you can make calls from anywhere in the EU from just 28p a minute and receive calls for just 7p a minute. And texts are great value too - you can send texts for just 8p and they're FREE to receive. You can also make calls from one EU country to another from just 28p per minute."

Steve

[quote user="Martin963"][quote user="Chancer"]

Cynical? - moi?[/quote]

Simyo being one of the companies that shafted its users in the fashion you describe.    We used our €35 credit up on international calls so that at least Simyo didn't end up with our money for nothing.....  Then we changed to LeClerc which isn't a bad offer,  although not as good as the one mentioned here.

[/quote]

Labara is another that shafted its customers. Started off great with no time limits on top-up then changed their T & C back to the dark ages. Just had a text from them a couple of days ago to say use what's left or loose it! I've gone over to lefrenchmobile in the hope that they will not fail their customers any time soon.

Archived