Complete France Forum

Can't log out on ipad

The log in and log out buttons seem to be pretty random as to when they do and don't work, irrespective of your hardware or browser. I posted a week or so back that I logged out following a run of CCleaner, and couldn't get back in on my PC without changing to a different browser and fiddling about till I found a workaround. As I type, I find that I can't log out on my PC, either, so it doesn't appear to be a problem with the specific hardware but rather the forum software. I've just checked my own IPad and I can't log out on that, either. SO that means it's not working on Safari on an IPad or on FF on a laptop.

Especially as it can be an absolute PITA to log back in!!

But seriously, if you're lending your computer to someone else to use, or leaving it where someone might pick it up and open something where your settings are saved, it's not always a bad thing to log out.

A PITA to log back in  - what do you mean, what does or doesn't happen ?

I have just accessed the site on my iPhone and successfully logged in and out a couple of times without difficulty so what is the problem for you. Admittedly ticking the 'Next time automatically sign me in' box doesn't seem to do anything which isn't helpful.

The only PITA for me is typing on the screen but that's me not the site or the iPhone and should be a cinch on an iPad with it's much bigger screen.

There was another thread about this, kindly started on my behalf by RH about a fortnight ago. Not for the first time, having done a clearout and tidy-up of my laptop ( as I pointed out earlier in this thread, this is not a hardware problem, so the whole iPhone/Pad/Pod question is a bit of a red herring), I found that I could not log back in. The "button" to do so was inactive. As it was yesterday, and indeed (for me, on a laptop) this morning. And (I've just checked) I can't log out on my iPad either.

Once again, and as I explained both in that thread and earlier in this one: the hardware is irrelevant, as, it seems, is the browser (at least, it seems to be an issue in both Safari and FF). The software appears, periodically, to fail insofar as the "login/logout" and "settings" buttons - and the one which takes you to your profile - stop functioning. If I could be bothered, I'd check my Ipod touch and Blackberry as well, but having made the point several times and met with the print equivalent of a blank stare, there's really no further point. Steve Jobs I'm not, but neither am I technically incompetent. If others are not experiencing a similar problem, then great, but those of us who are aren't making this up.[:@]

Delighted all is well with you and your iPhone.

Archived