Complete France Forum

not revealing your phone number

Mobile or fixed? If the former what phone? If the latter who is your line with F.T. Orange etc?

I have noticed that when some other freenauts call me that their full name as well as the number comes up on my phone, is this restricted to and between Free numbers?

One person I regularly call who is also a Freenaut always knows it is me calling and greets me by name, I had always thought she just recognised my number but perhaps I too have my name appearing.

Found this, Sweets, which suggests it should be:

"Tu veux passer un coup de téléphone sans dévoiler ton numéro à ton

correspondant ? Tu te demandes comment le masquer ? Sache que tu peux le

faire simplement en composant le 3651 avant les 10 chiffres du numéro

de téléphone de ton correspondant.

C'est possible (et gratuit) pour les utilisateurs des box Orange, SFR/Neuf et Free ainsi que pour les lignes France Telecom.

D'autre part, pour activer cette option de manière permanente, il suffit de composer le préfixe suivant *31#.

La

désactivation de la fonction se fait en composant le #31#.- C'est très

pratique et cela évite de retaper le tout avant d'appeler son

correspondant."

Looks like they all use the same commands then.

On my Freephone I can block all incoming calls that have with-held numbers, looks like I had better re-instate it as it looks like Sweet17 is going to be harassing me again [:P]

I have found that its a very good service for blocking a lot of the sales calls as well as some family members!!!

On my phone I have a sticky label with *351*# written on it, when  get a sales call or even just a dead silence I tap in the code and calls from that number are forever blocked also, one slight disadvantage is that it might be a friend or family member calling and the line is silent and you end up blocking them, you cannot re-instate them without doing so for all the blocked numbers.

Archived