Complete France Forum

Free + good news for a change

I will have the mods delete this post if its been raised before (cannot see it on a quick look through). Both my wife and youngest son have the 2 euro Free card for their iphones. Just happened to check their accounts and they now have 50 mb download on their account as well as the 2 hrs of calls (even international ones to fixed lines) and unlimited texts. They don't seem to publish these free upgrades to their clients. The offer also seems to give access to 4G, if your phone is capable.

(I have no commercial attachment to Free)

Funnily enough, I got an e-mail from Free a few days ago telling me just that.

"Cher(e) abonné(e),

Vous avez choisi Free pour votre offre de téléphonie mobile et nous

vous en remercions.

Nous vous informons de l’enrichissement de votre forfait mobile 2€ qui

inclut désormais les MMS illimités en France métropolitaine ainsi que

50Mo de données Internet en 3G/4G. Au delà de ce volume de données,

vous serez facturé 0,05€/Mo.

Vous bénéficiez dès aujourd'hui de ces services et le tarif de votre

forfait mobile de 2€/mois (proposé à 0€/mois pour les abonnés Freebox)

reste inchangé.

Si vous aviez souscrit à l’option data (20 Mo) à 0,99€/mois, cette

dernière ne vous est plus facturée."

Got mine about 10 days ago, I assumed that it would be good news for others but I use my phone for making phone calls so the talk about 4G, data, Mo's etc was incomprehensible to me.

I had heard that the competitive offerings were at that point slightly better than Free so expected a response that would blow them out of the water.

How much would this package have cost you people a couple of years ago before Free shook up the market?

The best deal I have hors Free is 9.99 a month for 10 times more download off the internet (eldest son) I am still paying 14.99 for the same deal, but locked in till July - and that's without 4G! Will be migrating to Free as soon as that deal runs out. I would go for a Free box, but the thought of disconnecting from Neuf and connecting to Free on a degrouped line fills me with horror, unless someone has an easy experience (ie non FT to Free)?

Archived