Complete France Forum

Transferring a number from Orange Mobicarte to Free Mobicarte

Hi

I am trying to find some basic information about transferring the number from an Orange Mobicarte to Free.

Typically the online information is poor, and trying to contact Free is like pulling teeth.

Basically the existing number has about 20 euros left on it, and I wanted to know if I got the Rio number by texting 3179 and give this to Free in the online order, how long will it be before the orange number is typically disconnected?

Also if anyone has any experience about activating the new Free sim, I would be interested in hearing your experiences e.g. does it come activated or do you need to send them 500 documents to activate?

Thanks

Cant speak for Orange except for they will probably steal your credit by closing the line immediately even if they say it will happen at XYZ date.

The Free process is as uncomplicated as life can bee in France, very smooth and slick and with only the minimum of verifications that they have to (be seen) to do.

Yes its hard to speak to a person but they organise themselves and the info you get to minimise contact, once your phone is working you will get straight through and they are really really helpfull, in probably 8 years I have only needed to speak to a real person once, they were very good, the other times (which havnt been many and were the fault of FT not free) I managed it all from the website and was kept well updated.

IMO they try their hardest to uncomplicate things but France wont let them go as far as they would like.

Archived