Complete France Forum

La gentille Nénette, Pointer cross

Mid-december we rescued Nénette from the Niort shelter, we had her with us for one night before she left for foster care with a marvellous French girl north of Paris who kindly helped us with this rescue.  Here is what I posted about her at the time under another thread :

She is one of those marvellous dogs you would like to keep.  You can see she has been very well brought up, lies in the car without moving about, is quiet, well behaved and clean in the house, fine and playful with other dogs.  She knows how to go up and down stairs, do as she's told, walks well on a lead, it's obvious she has known every day life with a family.  She's also very loving and even after one night it was hard to say goodbye and she didn't want to leave us either.  So if anyone wants a really great dog, don't forget two year old Nénette.

When Jean-Pierre drove her to Paris he couldn't get over how good she was, never moved all the way, just lay on the back seat.  Aurore who is looking after her confirms what a lovely dog she is, but we don't want to overstay our welcome there, she needs a permanent and loving home.  Here are a couple of photos of her enjoying her freedom with Aurore.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A good weekend last weekend.  Aurore finally found a lovely home for Nénette with a family with a Labrador and no cats.  I am so grateful for all Aurore's help, taking care of Nénette since mid-December.

On Saturday I got a very thin Tilla out of Niort and drove her up meeting Valérie half way who took her on to her home in foster care above Saumur, as she had done for Beanz.

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Tilla.jpg[/IMG]                  [IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Tilla1.jpg[/IMG]

Meanwhile a family near Paris heard of our SOS for Tilla, saw the photos and then drove down to get her on Sunday!  I have just had news and she is doing fine, being loved to death by their two daughters.

So with Loup, that makes three who have found very good homes this week !   [:)]   [:)]   [:)]

Archived