Complete France Forum

Can you help us with a Kitten in Deux Sevres........

Ejc

Hi,

Our much loved Maine Coone cat, ( who had a heart problem) very sadly died shortly after our arrival here in France. He'd spent the day outside having fun, had caught & lost a mouse, came upstairs to wish us good night as usual and we found him curled up dead in the morning. I called our vet - who agreed that it was likely a heart attack or stroke and he was only young, just 3 years old but very small for a maine coon and the vet had warned us that he seemed to have a problem - but she gave us the OK to take him to France, he was so good on the journey we though everything was OK. We miss him so much and living in the countryside the house is not a home without a cat, there's no one to curl up with of an evening or to wrestle for the warmest spot in the bed. Our son whose 11 in a week misses Bilbo and there's a cat sized hole in our lives - so if anyone has a male kitten looking for a loving home - please let me know as it will make our lives complete.

Many thanks

Liz

Poor old you, I know how you feel.  Our oldest was 18 a couple of days ago and we dread this every day.  I'm sure you'll find a local rescue place to help you - I'm afraid all mine are "done" so no kittens in the pipline, as it were (and we're too far away.)  Best of luck, like you we find a home without a cat just isn't a home.[:(]

• 2 weeks later...

I lnow how you feel... I can't help you with a male kitten but I can help you with a male golden labrador. A beautiful 5 year old who is desperatly looking for a home, his ex-owner wanting to shoot him beacause he didn't bark at the postman !!!! He is simply gorgeous, very kind, vaccinated and the lot. Love incarnated.

If you're interested, please contact me.

Edited by russethouse.

• 4 weeks later...
Well, we've found one - or rather she found us, we went to collect some chooks and she was looking for a home, a mixture of colours, female and 20 months old - nothing like whar we though we were looking for, but she has completely stolen our hearts and is settling very well. She loves to be petted but is also a good mouser - or will be again when we let her outside. She's been neutered - but we'll get her chipped and vacinated including rabies so no matter what she has a home for life.

Archived