Complete France Forum

Little Yorkie, Niort

Hi Tresco

To add to the pressure, I can't imagine your cat minding this wee thing..  It would be better for the cat than a puppy, small but not as inquisitive!  I would love another dog but my oldish current dog has no time at all for other dogs since his companion died and is really quite aggressive, I would not want to put any rescue dog through the pain of being rejected by him I am also a nervous wreck whenever there are other dogs about because I know either he will go for them or they for him. 

I am going to wait a couple of years (he is 12 this year) and give him a nice life on his own, later I'm going to rescue a whole bunch of dogs.

Go on Mr Tresco, he looks so sweet.

Panda

Hi Panda.

The last thing I would want is for either animal to be sad (Bobby the cat was a very sad stray when he came here), but I know there are techniques for introducing animals to eachother.

Gay said: Well you are only suggesting a meeting - he wouldn't HAVE to have him......

Mr T may be stubborn, but he's not stupid. He knows damn well he wouldn't be able to resist. The odd thing is he loves animals and all animals love him, (though he failed to work his charms on Ali-Cats' shy cat the other day).

I made a big mistake in telling him people here were rooting for us to adopt a rescue dog.

He feels the pressure of the forum now, but also he just told me a story which goes some way to explain his resistance (though he certainly didn't spin it that way). A very sad tale from his childhood involving a puppy he loved.

We have been together for nearly 18 years and I had never heard this tale. I will have to ease off a little...for now.

Apparently they have now found his owners (master in prison!) and the family are going to take him back.  To be confirmed.

But now there is this one who has arrived after the death of his mistress.  Although he looks more like a caniche to me, can't see the length of his legs, apparently he is a little Bichon, born in August 2003.  He's certainly a cutie !

I just had a look for pictures of Bichons, look at this !

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/ColourfulHearts.gif[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Animalabuse.jpg[/IMG]

he's beautiful we have 6 and a little x bichonand hubby wont let me have another as I would have taken him although he def looks like a poodle or a bit bedlington to me I really hope he gets a lovely home, they won't put him down will they?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived