Complete France Forum

Lovely Yellow Labrador, Niort

Oscar is a nice yellow Labrador who has been at the Niort refuge since 23rd March.  He was born in July 1998 and does not deserve to have been abandoned at his age and urgently needs a home.

There is also Lecky, the dog with a charming smile

He's a beauty too, a Labrador cross who looks as if he has a little something of a chien nordique.  He's used to being with children and his previous owners say he is also a good guard dog.  He is young, born in March 2005.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Christine Animal"]

On Tuesday I took a couple more photos of them

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/OscarNiort1.jpg[/IMG]

Oscar with Lecky behind

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Lecky.jpg[/IMG]

and Poor Lecky

[/quote]

How could anyone resist that face?  I do hope someone gives them a home soon, also the poor fellow in the foreground in the first photo. [:(] They are both such beautiful dogs.

• 2 weeks later...

Something wonderful happened

Marie-Laure who lives near Le Havre and had just lost her beloved female Labrador saw an ad for Oscar.  She wanted to rescue him and said it would help her get over her loss.  So on Saturday she and her husband drove all the way down to Niort (over a thousand kilometres return trip) to get him.  I met them there and they are a wonderful couple with a happy household full of grown-up children and other pets.  Marie-Laure says Oscar is fantastic and has immediately made himself at home, greeting everyone upon his arrival, taking them their slippers and carrying his dinner bowl when he is hungry.  Here he is with Marie-Laure yesterday in his new garden in Normandy.

Lecky still needs a home, but he is now out of danger at the refuge Fontorbe, Saint Jean d'Angely.

They say he's smashing and he certainly looks a little happier.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Marie-Laure's done it again !

Little  ten/twelve year old Franny (that's what she has called her) was at the Parthenay fourrière. On Saturday Marie-Laure, helped by her son, drove all the way down again from Le Havre, this time they were met at Saumur, so it was slightly less distance than for Oscar, but still a very long journey in one day.

Here she is all smiles on Saturday evening upon arrival.  She went all round the dinner table (it's a large family) saying hello and giving her paw to everyone.

And here she is today, settled in and looks as if she has always been there.  Marie-Laure says Franny and Oscar are wonderful ads for adopting an older dog, they are marvellous, no problems whatsoever.  The whole family are really happy and so are the two dogs with each other.

Archived