Complete France Forum

Great day at Refuge Fontorbe

We spent a very pleasant couple of hours at the open day today.  I was delighted to see that they had a great number of visitors and I just hope that some of the lovely inmates found new and loving homes to go to.  I was sad to learn that one of the dogs had been handed in this morning by an English family.  Evidently the dog  was sleeping and a child/baby came and poked it in the eye.  The dog's reaction of course was to bite the child.  How badly I don't know but I can't help wondering why this situation was allowed to happen.  All I know was that the dog was confused, frightened and pining.  I have no doubt that within a few days the dog will settle having received the wonderful care and love that is lavished on all the dogs.

Everyone wanted to know how Poppy (ex Coffee) was getting on.  Fortunately I had brought some photos with me for all to see.   I will post a couple on this forum in the next day or two.  Poppy is keeping us active!  We love walking on the beach in the pouring rain (not) just to tire her out.  Dylan and Thomas, the Lhasa Apsos weren't so impressed!  She adores her ball and my throwing arm is just about dropping off!  We discovered that she is a bit of a food thief when she purloined a 500g block of cheddar cheese off the kitchen worktop.  Fortunately it was well wrapped and I caught her at it.  (I would never have forgiven her for eating my precious supply of cheddar)!  Besides this little hiccup she has wormed her way into our hearts already and we love her to  bits.  It hasn't all been easy going nor did we expect it to be but with one week nearly gone we are making  great progress.  She is absolutely rubbish on the lead so we have resorted to a Halti until training starts in earnest.  The next few days will be a testing time as we are having double glazing installed and the workmen might not appreciate the help that Poppy will no doubt try to give them!

Thank you so much Christine for bringing us together.

Sue 

Thank you for all the news Sue and for supporting Fontorbe so well.  Was the little dog that came back a bit like a fox terrier cross ?  I heard one had been adopted by some English people, but can't remember his name.

Glad Poppy is still doing well and look forward to the photos.   [:)]

Archived