Complete France Forum

Lurcher type

This female was found at Niort mid-March.  You can't tell from this photo (which is really not a good one) and I was surprised when I saw her on Saturday, she's quite a tall lean looking dog rather similar to a Lurcher.  Anyone for a Lurcherlookalike ?

She's only about eighteen months old.

• 1 month later...

Here she is, photo taken yesterday, happy to be at the lovely Fontorbe refuge where she has already put on weight and is now a friendly, playful dog.  She loves to go for walks with the person who takes her out and comes back when called.  She enjoys the company of other dogs and now needs a good home where she can enjoy life even more.

Also, if dogs from Fontorbe find homes, they can rescue another from Niort.  Getting some help for the Niort dogs, several people are now concerned, I'm no longer alone !

She's lovely!!!!

I see she's doing the paw touching thing, georgeous!

If I didn't have the ever lively Mike  (and 2 rescue cats) I'd definitely offer her a home! (actually if my OH would let me I'd offer, but I daren't go there!)

I had a lurcher once and she was the most loyal, affectionate and intelligent dog you could imagine.

I wish her the very best of luck in finding a new home.

I'm also glad you're gettiing support at last,

Good luck,

Aly

• 1 month later...

Its always heartwarming to hear that another poor waif has a lovely new life to look forward to.

I didn't notice the "paw touching" thing until it was mentioned above.  My dogs tend to sit on my feet instead of a gentle touch from a paw, and a dogue de bordeaux or a labrador x mastiff plonking their vast rear ends on your toes is not something you easily forget [:)]

Archived