Complete France Forum

English Husky found St Jean d'Angely Charente Maritime

The chip number is 98 10 98 100 60 30 18 but it is not in the database of  http://www.europetnet.com

I have asked them to try to find out.

But Fontorbe have asked me if I could contact an English vet to see if they can help.  Could someone please give me the telephone number, or even better email, of a vet in England.  I don't know any !

Many thanks.

Christine,

I've just contacted the Central Microchip Reunification Service on your behalf. They have requested you rescan the dog and check the chip number. The number you have provided is sequentially incorrect. Apparently there should be a series of zeros following the '981' and although the first indication is this is an English chip, the database indicates it is incorrect.

Well, thanks to the clinic on Cooperlola's link, the very helpful person there traced the owner in Murcia.  But he had given the dog to someone in Charente-Maritime, without reregistering it.  They have now been contacted and are going to pick him up tomorrow.

I don't know yet if they went to much trouble to find him, but it was quite a lot of work finding them !

Thank you for all your help.

Really can't believe the effort you put in trying to find the owner of husky - it's heartening to think there are still such caring people out there. Our maison secondaire (soon to be permanent)  is very near St Jean d'Angely & I had no idea there was a refuge there.

Robkat with 3 cats!

Archived