Complete France Forum

Dog refuge in Dept 36 ?

My wife recently lost her much love Jack Russell at the ripe old age of 16yrs and although we have 2 other dogs (mine and my sons) she is in need of a little companion to help with her gardening and generally be her 'doggy companion'.

We would prefer a small dog that is in need of a loving home so wondered if there are any refuges in our area of 36 where perhaps we could find one.

Thanks.

Thank you for the reply Christine, however it appears that the refuge you gave me the link for is in Brittany whereas we are in the Indre.We are roughly in the centre of France, above the Limousin and below the Loire Valley. Our nearest city is Chateauroux. Hopefully you may have details of a refuge nearer our location. Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

We have used this particular SPA twice now.  The first time almost two years ago when we adopted two lovely ginger and white adult cats and the second time yesterday when we adopted a beautiful black and white cross-setter dog.

The staff at the centre are very kind, helpful and friendly.  There are a few small size dogs there needing homes.  Plenty of labs and crosses.

Hope you find what you are looking for. 

Archived