Complete France Forum

Golden Retriever (male)

Hi our friends and who have literally been here for days in their new home had a golden retriever about five years old dumped on them during the night and tied up to a post.

The tattoo is a bit difficult to dicipher and our vet cannot confirm the owners details.

Thus its on to the various authorities tomorrow and adverts and posters everywhere.

This dog is in marvellous condition and really well behaved and deserves a good home.

Nothing bar nothing will happen to him and we have taken responsibility for him for the time being but necessarily with four dogs including one a rescue and which is totally a differing matter we are full up.

We are also moving to the Vendee from near Villedieu les Poeles in the Manche (50)

Therefore if anyone needs a lovely docile dog then please just let us know.

If pushed we might just have to take him in but in reality we do owe a duty to our other dogs so would appreciate some help.

Hi,

We have 4 goldies and all are bitches.  We know someone who lost a golden aged 13 I think who was thinking of getting another. Won't be able to make contact with them until Monday at the earliest to check if they are still wanting a replacement for their lost loved one.

Await your update in due course and will get some data on their current situation.  I know that they have fallen in love with our 4 and this brings back happy memories I can tell.

Regards

David J

"Always on the ball"

For once a good news story.  We have found the owner and it seems that someone stole the dog and then left it!

However another sad story friends of ours in Spain have had a five month old pedigree golden retriever with all papers jabs all in place dumped on them.  He is house trained and well-behaved. He loves the garden and the cats although this is the firs time he has seen feline friends.  Apparently because our friends own retrievers the 'dumper' thought it was a good idea.

Unfortunately due to the other retrievers cannot accommodate another dog.

They have offered to drive from Spain to Normandy in the second week of September on their way back to the UK.  Is there someone out there please who could think about having a new puppy?

Please let us know.

That's a happy ending to the first one.  But be careful everyone, there seem to be several dogs stolen lately (there are all the time of course).  Be very wary of "les gens du voyage" who are known for it.  A lot of hunting dogs are stolen at this time of year and taken to the south-west and Spain.  That's why we often find dogs, but can't find their owners as they have been dumped or broken loose in a completely different area.  In a town near us the pharmacien heard his Cocker Spaniel bark outside in the evening, but was watching the rugby and didn't take much notice.  But the next morning he found his dog had gone !  He went to the local "camp", which a lot of people are afraid to do, but didn't find him.  Somewhere else two Pointers have been stolen.

I'm also wondering about that Husky as apparently a woman from the gens du voyage phoned the refuge Fontorbe to say she had found a Husky on the side of the road.  Then the pompiers later found him wandering around Saint Jean d'Angely.

Maybe if you could post a photo of the Golden Retriever it would get someone going !

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Llwyncelyn"]

For once a good news story.  We have found the owner and it seems that someone stole the dog and then left it!

However another sad story friends of ours in Spain have had a five month old pedigree golden retriever with all papers jabs all in place dumped on them.  He is house trained and well-behaved. He loves the garden and the cats although this is the firs time he has seen feline friends.  Apparently because our friends own retrievers the 'dumper' thought it was a good idea.

Unfortunately due to the other retrievers cannot accommodate another dog.

They have offered to drive from Spain to Normandy in the second week of September on their way back to the UK.  Is there someone out there please who could think about having a new puppy?

Please let us know.

[/quote]

Did you get my pm about the retriever? I'll send it again just in case.

Archived