Complete France Forum

Not every "stray" cat needs rescueing!

A friend of mine observed a very sick looking cat coming into the garden of his parents. It would spend hours there and looked really starved. My friend telephoned several rescue centres to find a place for this poor cat. At last he found one and delivered the cat with a great sigh of relieve. Next morning posters appeared all over the district with pictures of the very same cat. He telephoned the owner, apologizing profusly and promised to get the cat straight away (it was a roundtrip of 2 hour). It turned out, that the cat was a very much loved pet with a medical condition!

This little story just gives me a bit of "consolation" that not every "stray" is unloved. In the very cold weather I felt awful thinking about our "stray"cats in France, sleeping in a cold barn. But then my sister in Switzerland consoled me, her pedigree cat has taken a shine to sleeping out in the winter, and the colder the better (she hates the central heating!)

I think your friend is wonderful.  The "not stray" cat could have been a stray and perhaps perished in her garden.  At least now it is back home with its loved ones.  If only there were more people like this in our world we would not have as much cruelty!!!!!

"In the very cold weather I felt awful thinking about our "stray"cats in France, sleeping in a cold barn. But then my sister in Switzerland consoled me, her pedigree cat has taken a shine to sleeping out in the winter, and the colder the better (she hates the central heating!) "

My three cats sleep out at night - they develop beautiful thick coats and are perfectly healthy and fit. There are numerous barns around here for them to choose from, all with lovely warm straw or hay to snuggle down in. The other day I found one of them in my donkeys' field shelter asleep in the half used straw bale, she was very warm and content.[:)]

Archived