Complete France Forum

Can anyone help?

Pads suggested I should post and ask if anyone can help me out.

I am interested in THIS dog as he sounds like he has a good temperament and is very similar to my old dog. If he is what I think he is then I know the type of dog and he would be what I am looking for.

My problem is he is in Paris and I am way down south, over 8 hours away. Pads said "You should try the doggy express ...other wise know as members on here with cars ... bet a few like minded people could get him transported down to you with a few lifts". I don't mind a couple of hours drive each way from here.

So if anyone thinks they could first pop and see him and secondly help to get him to me it would be really nice although as Pads said "if its meant to be it will happen" so that's my attitude.

Of course I don't expect such help to be free and would be very happy to pay any costs.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

I'm thinking of someone who might be able to help, but Quillan have you checked that he is still available and that they would be willing to let him go so far?

Edit:  Apologies, I've just seen you would like someone to go to see him first.

[/quote]

He is on the website for the actual refuge as well as the national one so I assume he is. It would be nice if I could get somebody 'local' or 'going that way' to have a look although from the pictures and the short video he looks fine. I don't know if they would let him travel this far or if there is anyway round that issue. Any help would be most welcome.

[quote user="Amanda 61"]Have you tried to put this request in Paris AngloInfo forum?  Good luck![/quote]

I did as you suggested and a chap and his wife know the place where Theo is and will visit shortly. It also turns out that although they live in Paris they have a holiday home just 5km down the road from me and will be visiting it shortly. Its early days but we shall see.

Well not good news. The dog is fine but they won't let me have him because of distance, inability to carry out a home visit and possible problems should the dog need to be returned. Never mind, I am sure there is a dog out there somewhere, perhaps after Christmas I can rescue some poor unwanted Christmas present.

[:-))]

Quillan, it's disappointing in a way, but it shows it's a good refuge as they care what happens to their dogs.  It also works both ways, as if you had found the dog unsuitable once down there, what would you have done?

There are other refuges in your département, Narbonne has a site, but I don't kow if the photos are up to date.

http://refuges.animaux.ws/aude-(11).html

Christine beat me to it.  The baby is called Tundra and she has her own post - what a cutie!

http://rescue.forumactif.com/adultes-femelles-f66/tundra-x-basset-1ans-espagne-t194351.htm?highlight=basset

or why not consider a galgo?  This handsome chap is called Caballero and he is currently being fostered in the Tarn 81 (Lautrec) which is not too far from you.[;-)]

http://rescue.forumactif.com/adultes-males-f64/caballero-galgo-tres-attachant-cherche-sa-famille-t195485.htm?highlight=caballero

Archived