Complete France Forum

the puppies

What was the reason?

Although I had some sympathy with WJT's point of view, I don't think you were wrong. All you were guilty of in my book was being a bit too French, a point that I thought you made very well yourself. Rather ironic in view of the way that the smug brigade on forums like this constantly bang on about the I word ('intergration' as most of them spell it).

Maybe that obscure rule was invoked? You know, one of several beloved by the AngloInfo admins, who as we all know are far too happy with the delete button. The one that says you cannot sell animals without giving a microchip or tattoo number (though you were not selling, and in any case I thought quoting the mother's ID was acceptable).

I do hope you find homes for them, they look as if they will grow into wonderful dogs. Ironically our agriculteur neighbour has a beautiful beauceron, a male, which he never ties up. Though he was persuaded to have the dog neutered after its wanderings became too troublesome; definitely in the minority because sterilising dogs is normally 'just not done' in rural France.

Will, the OP said he would like the thread 'closed'. On this system closing will just mean the post will go to the bottom of the list. Additionally I took the judgment that some of the personal comments on both sides were unnecessary and would not aid Dave's case one little bit.

Please let's not start the who did what, where and when autopsy again - the puppies need a home, let's leave it at that please.

Thank you [:)]

Amusingly, Or not - depending on your sense of humour/point of view, homing the puppies isnt really a problem as I have plenty of interested locals here I am sure will home them. I had thought maybe offering them to forum members might be a nice touch...obviously, I was mistaken.

If anyone IS actually interested, the photos can be found here...

http://s217.photobucket.com/albums/cc297/dave21478/pups/?start=all

and as I said originally, I live Albi/Castres area, but if a small contribution to my fuel costs are met, I will happily travel to meet, Toulouse, Beziers, Bedarieux areas.

Right, Im off to stamp on some kittens.

Dave. [;-)]

[quote user="dave21478"]

I had thought maybe offering them to forum members might be a nice touch...obviously, I was mistaken.

[/quote]

No, it was a nice touch.  I'm not a 'dog person', but can never resist looking at all these pics and the puppies are really nice.

A pity that the thread went pear-shaped, but main thing is that you tried and that the pups go to good homes. The noise level (at least the bit I saw before it got pulled) was doubtless well-intentioned.  More important things around to quarrel about.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived