Complete France Forum

Clinton, Labrador/Border, Deux-Sèvres

Here's another being taken care of by the same association as Bartez.  Clinton was about to be put down in one of those sordid mairie kennels in the Deux-Sèvres.

He was extremely frightened and wouldn't let anyone near him.  As is often the case, as soon as they got him out of there he proved to be the most gentle natured, soft boy, knowing how to sit and give his paw.

They had to get him out to save his life, but it is extremely difficult for them to pay the boarding kennels where they already have several other rescues.  If someone offered a home to two year old Clinton it would help them to save Bartez, the Brittany Spaniel http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1821668/ShowPost.aspx

He is a beauty isn't he and it seems he has the lovely temperament to go with it.  He now just needs a wonderful home please.   [:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

They had to get him out to save his life, but it is extremely difficult for them to pay the boarding kennels where they already have several other rescues.[/quote]

Whilst there is a wait in finding a new home for him can we perhaps contribute towards his board and lodging in the short-term?

Sue - who is really a 'cat' person but who recognizes a lovely/lonely soul when she sees him.

Jean, thank you for your interest in Clinton, but he would not be able to go back to England in October I'm afraid as he wouldn't have had the rabies blood test six months before.

Sue, that's a wonderful suggestion, that's what they really need, help in paying the kennels.  I can put you or anyone wishing to help in touch with the person concerned.  She speaks English.   [:)]

[quote user="Christine Animal"]... that's what they really need, help in paying the kennels.  I can put you or anyone wishing to help in touch with the person concerned.  She speaks English.   [:)]

[/quote]

Christine

I sent you an email, but it was returned undelivered; so am now going to send you an pm!

Sue

That's a shame Jean.  Let's hope your interest in Clinton will entice someone else to give him a home.

Sue, I don't know how to thank you enough for your generosity in helping Association Galia with Clinton's expenses.  Apart from Niort, there are all the other little pounds and mairies in the Deux-Sèvres where so many dogs need rescuing, otherwise they are put down, as there is no shelter in this département.  It's very encouraging when someone tries to participate and help us all.  You deserve a big hug.   [kiss]

Here's another very special little dog who needs to be rescued.   http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1827818/ShowPost.aspx#1827818

• 3 weeks later...
[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Very pleased to pass on the info, especially to Sue, that Clinton went to his new home yesterday.  You can see he's still not very sure of himself, but expect he will soon get over it.   [:)]

[/quote]

Such super news - I am grinning from ear to ear. [:D][:D]

Thanks for the info Christine.

Now there just the small matter of all the others ...

Sue

Archived