Complete France Forum

Animal Cruelty

Maybe if you gave a bit more detail, it would help posters to give suitable advice. My sympathy to you, as witnessing animal cruelty (indeed any cruelty) is very distressing. Bonne chance. Sadly, it seems much more prevalent in France, where 1000s of dogs seem to be tied day in, day out.

[quote user="Swissie"]... where 1000s of dogs seem to be tied day in, day out. [/quote]

It's not only dogs who are affected. OH and I were at the SPA in Vannes this morning where I was told about the poor little cat who had been incarcerated in a rabbit hutch - no run - for 2+ years. She had been stomach deep in faeces and pee for all that time until the neighbour mentioned her plight to someone else. Eventually the police were involved and the cat was liberated. Trouble is said cat continues to have multifarious problems, more than 2 months after 'rescue', due to the conditions of her confinement ie poor muscle development, poor diet, haywire immune system etc. She is a frightened wee thing, who will need lots of help to ensure her rétablissment'.

Thank goodness for the SPA.

Sue

Archived