Complete France Forum

How do you know if your dog likes crowds ?

I spent yesterday among the 30.000 that attended a "County Show " and noticed that hundreds of people had brought their dogs with them . These poor animals were forced to attempt while on a lead to move their way through a mass of legs as the crowd slowly moved round the show ground . All this in 24 degrees . Any relief from the leg navigation was while they lay panting at their owners feet when parading cattle and horses were viewed. Tannoy calls were periodically going out for owners to return to vehicles due to distressed dogs seen inside. You cant let your dog off a lead at County Shows and livestock owners do not want peoples dogs in close contact with their livestock so what,s the point in taking one with you ? Now tell me your dog likes to look at the chickens !

Most dog owners have a dilemma. Many work and their animals are left alone for some time each day, sometimes a long time each day. A recent report says that most dogs are very stressed by this.

So they don't leave them alone, but take them out when they can. Are the dogs happier at their owners heels even when there is a crowd, OR home alone, we will not mention the maniacs who leave their animals in cars in summer.

Maybe the dogs are generally happier in company, I would hope so.

It is hard. Lots of people love and care for their pets, and do their best to be responsible owners and I don't think that they are being thick.

Selfish? is having any pet selfish? could well be, not as if the animal has any say in it for the most part.

Archived