Complete France Forum

LOF confirmation.

Deimos

When a pup has a provisional pedigree and which required “confirmation” for her to become LOF, does being sterilised prevent her from being “confirmed” ?

I ask because I had always assumed my monster was non-LOF. The other day I called in at her breeders and found she was LOF and would require confirmation (and they can get duplicate paperwork). However, I had her sterilised before her first season (as I did not want to breed her and felt it best for her health). The only reason I’m really interested in the possibility is that we do agility and currently she cannot enter the “2nd race” (premier degree, 2nd degree, 3rd degree) and it would be nice if she was LOF and then could do all 4 races in a competition day.

Many thanks

Ian

Hi Ian (whoopee got ADSL now!!)

I don't see why she can't be registered to do agility as LOF using her provisional LOF papers.  As you know, Coco is UK/KC registered but needs to be confirmed to get full LOF papers - but we can still compete as LOF even though, technically, she isn't fully registered  LOF. I just submitted her KC export certificate to the SCC and our licence came back with an LOF number on it.  Did you get any papers from her breeder when you got her?  Not helping you to answer your question really - sorry.

Nice to see you are aiming high! LOL!

Looks like you're in luck Ian, here is the reply :

Madame, 

En réponse à votre e.mail, au sujet du monsieur Anglais ayant une chienne L.O.F stérilisée, nous vous informons qu’il peut néanmoins la faire confirmer afin de faire ses concours d’agility, et que vous trouverez tous les renseignements nécessaire sur le site internet : www.scc.asso.fr

Translation: In reply to your email concerning a "Monsieur Anglais" with an LOF sterilised female, we inform you that he can nevertheless have her confirmed to be able to participate in the agility competitions, and you will find all the necessary information on the internet site : www.scc.asso.fr

Bonne chance Monsieur Anglais...

Archived