Complete France Forum

King Charles Spaniel - Urgent Again...

Christine Animal

There are two little dogs North Deux-Sèvres, Parthenay area, urgently needing new homes as their young French mistress has really decided that she no longer wants them.

They are both males

A 7 year old King Charles Spaniel and

A 5 year old Beagle cross.

They are fine with children, used to living indoors with the family and are both very sweet natured, we all know how cute the King Charles are, Beagles too.

Merci.

Hi Christine,

How sad for the little dogs. I have a friend who has been looking for a cavalier for ages. I have 2 and she has fallen in love with the breed. She is a very experienced dog owner and has rescued and rehomed many dogs and cats. I live in Vienne which is next to Deax Sevres and so could pick him up at any time. My friend is in Germany for Christmas but I would be happy to look after him until she returns.
Please let me know. My phone no is 05 49 87 91 80.

Thanks

Annie Noel

• 3 weeks later...

Christine,

I thought you might like an update. I picked up the little dog and he is a real sweetie. His name is Noonoo.My father in law is staying us at the moment. Hes not well, next week he is returning to the UK for cancer surgery. He is 87 but fit and healthy. After his op he is coming here for a long period of convelesence. Anyway he fell in love with Noonoo. He is totally besotted. He walks him twice a day which is exercise the old man would not have had. After a chat with my friend who was going to have him we have decided to keep him. My friend said that it was fate. My Father in law is delighted, his spirits have been lifted by the little dog. I am certain that Noonoo will make a huge contribution to his recovery after the operation. I hope that the other little dog found a good home.
Thank you so much for finding Noonoo for us.

Happy new year and all the best for 2006.

Annie

What a wonderful story Annie.  Thank you for the news.  So it looks like there is still a home for a Cavalier King Charles if we come across another one...?!  It just goes to show how we can make pets happy and people too.  Please give all my best wishes to your father in law.

As far as I know the other little dog was fostered by an English lady who has already rescued several dogs.  I was told he didn't look much like a Beagle, but more something like a Cairn with a rough coat (you probably saw hime Annie).

Thanks to the forum another little soul has found a marvellous home, I wonder if Anne has got her Great Dane...  The three cats who couldn't be taken back to England should be going this week to the people I hoped would be able to help as they have very kindly offered to take them.  The family returning to England also have three dogs they are taking back with them as they are passported, but the cats had been rescued since they were in France.

Thanks again to the Forum for helping to make all this possible.

[quote user="Christine Animal"]

Thanks to the forum another little soul has found a marvellous home, I wonder if Anne has got her Great Dane...  [/quote]

Still no news, I hope it is just because of the holidays.  The ladies who visited to "vet" us said that we were approvee  and with huge smiles but we have heard nothing at all since.  I am a bit nervous, I have allowed myself to fall in love with all the bitches on the website, including the new one just added yesterday.

Happy New Year everyone!

Anne

[quote user="Christine Animal"]Anne, I have already been in contact with the "ladies" of Rescue Dog, so if you should need me, just whistle...[/quote]

Hi, Christine,

THEY 'PHONED!!!!  Yes I know I'm shouting but I am soooooooooo excited!!  We are going to have a two and a half year old harlequin chienne called Utopie, she is beautiful and we just know she is going to be wonderful.  You can see her on this link http://perso.wanadoo.fr/votredogueallemand/imageadoption/02.htm#, we will get her soon and I can't wait.  The link first came from you on this forum so grateful thanks to you and to the LF forum and I promise you that we will make her really happy.

AnneBig Smile [:D]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived