Complete France Forum

Dog lost, possibly stolen,

Maddie

Disappeared in the Haute Garonne on 27 July 2006, possibly stolen.

Giant Schnauzer, female answering to the name “Simbad”

Clipped ears and docked tail

Tattoo number 2BLX244

Character: Apprehensive in front of unknown people but not aggressive.  When she gains confidence she is friendly and approachable and loves to be caressed.  She tends to bark a lot at other dogs but it’s all front.  She is well trained (to French commands) and her owner, my agility instructor, misses her desperately.  She is a beautiful looking dog who may have been stolen to order.  She is spayed.

All the appropriate authorities have been informed, adverts placed in newspapers etc.  If ANYONE sees, hears or knows anything please contact me by PM.  We are desperate to find any news, good or bad.

[IMG]http://pic18.picturetrail.com/VOL919/3576025/9391047/181786608.jpg[/IMG]

I commiserate Mrs MDW... It is not much fun!

4 years ago, OH and I lost our 10 yearold welsh springer spaniel. He was so friendly with people that any one making a fuss of him, he'd follow them anywhere. In our little area here everyone knew him and he knew his territory.

On noticing his loss after a day of calling him etc... we rang the vet, the police , the neighbours etc... to find him... OH very worried that the dog, being so old, had strayed off on the hills and injured himself on some fences so went off in search.... Nothing.... so next day carried on search further and still nothing...

Easter 2005, the lady from the B&B accross the lane from us, came to OH wanting him to cut some dangerous branches on a tree in her garden. He duly obliged. At the foot of the tree was a fresh pet grave dug in with a little wooden plaque saying: 'Faithful dog here to your home you return'

OH thought that was a little odd... to your home you return... but kind and touching.

The lady said to him 'Yes, a customer of ours... He came often with a spaniel, and he asked us if he could bury it here after it died. A lovely gentleman, a widower, what was odd though is that the first few times he came here he didn't have a dog with him and didn't seem to be the kind to want a dog in his life... He always came in September and Easter time to stay but we won't see again. He'd said it would be his last time here after he burried the dog...'

OH had his ears truly opened and asked when was the time that the chap had come and she had noticed him with a dog... she went to her diary... September 14th 2001....

That was the day that our spaniel had disappeared.....

By then OH is seeing red!!.... 'Of course the 'to your home you returned' is making sense to him!!... That chap had our dog for the last few years of his life, didn't even have the decency of telling the B&B lady about it and made it as it was his own!.....

I hope nothing like that happens to you and that you find your dog. It is a worrying time and quite an empty space in the house.

Archived