Complete France Forum

Cats whiskers

Unknown

One of their sweeter habits.

We had a cat that was an expert pigeon jointer - she would leave various body parts hidden under different pieces of furniture.

Once when I was boning a chicken (which aroused her interest pretty keenly) she nipped out for a moment (literally) and then leapt up onto the counter and added a dead starling to the ingredients. I've never seen a cat looking so proud.

BOOM BOOM! [:D]

One of our cats used to keep nibbling the younger one's whiskers.  We were told by the breeder that mother cats often do this to stop the younger cats from wondering too far because, as Ali said, they use their whiskers to judge the size of spaces to get through, so no whiskers makes them less likely to be adventurous in the wanderings.  Don't know how true that is of course!

Coco and Ali, that kind of makes sense.  Peppie the one with no whiskers is, lets say a few sandwiches short of a picnic, Cookie the other cat seems to look out for Peppie.  They are brothers, and Cookie has always looked after Peppie, he can't meow and we think he has short term memory loss.

Oddly enough I think Peppies whiskers have deminished since Ginger the stray has been around.  I wonder if Cookie is trimming back Peppies whiskers to stop him wandering off. 

We have Ginger popping round every now and then, I still can't get rid of him.

[quote user="Dotty "]

We have Ginger popping round every now and then, I still can't get rid of him.

[/quote]

We have one of those at the moment.  Keeps coming throught the catflap and pinching our poor old boy's food and terrifying the life out of him - to the extent that we'vehad to re-introduce a litter tray after 17 years because he's too frightened to go outside at night.  Husband took to being very French the other night and peeing all round the door that holds the catflap.  Seems to have worked - the ferrel's probably wondering which B***y great cat left that scent!![:-))]

Archived