Complete France Forum

Looking for good kennel or solution

Frenchie2

hello ya all,

I m travelling to the Uk for the Xmas holidays, and need a safe friendly place to leave Shadow, my (almost) 2 year old labrador.

Doers anyone of you know of good kennels in dept 79 ? or even a bit further , as I d be ready to travel a bit if I know he ll be well looked after a bit further .

I hate the idea of leaving him in a kennel, the ones I know are ok, but ..just OK ..

I ll be flying to the north of England so can't take him along..

Shadow is a lively dog, so friendly to any other dog or people.

Thanks for your answers. Régine.

Hi Frenchie,  I remembered seeing someone advertising dog boarding in their own home.  I have had a bit of a trawl around and think I have found it (however it may be too far from you in 36).  I finally found it on the total france forum www.totalfrance.com.  Look under the miscellaneous services, then under pets.  (If I weren't so useless with computers, I could send you the exact link, sorry).  Anyway, they keep your dog in their house and sound as if they have plenty of space for him to run around.  Hope this is useful.

Thank you for that answer, I have booked in a kennel yesterday . I t seems my dog will be just fine there, he will have a heated box and will eb taken out each day into a large park where he could play with other dogs, as he is very sociable. I know Shadow will enjoy that. The owner of the kennel seems to eb a lovely man, who loves animals. He reaaly took the time to explain to me how he works, and invited me to visit the kennel whenever I want. And the prices are good too!!

11.50 a day for a heated box, including quality food.

The man told me he had many English  people who used his services.  The kennel is located just before Bressuire ( 79) .

Archived