Complete France Forum

Lucky Kitty - photos now attached!!

ali-cat

Coming from Cognac last evening, we were crossing the D939 when I spotted what looked like a kitten in the verge at the side of the road.  Stopped the car and Mrs cat retrieved a circa 5 month female kitten with no movement in her back legs.

Contacted the vet and had her examined within the hour.  Turns out that she is basically healthy but had been hit by a car and has two broken legs that can be pinned and her tail is also broken and will have to be removed.  She needs further tests today to determine if there are any nerve or bladder issues.  No  tattoo or chip and we don't know if she wandered onto the road or was dumped there.  The deal with the vet is either that she will 'do the minimum' and then place the kitten in a home or split the fees 50/50 with us, if we keep her.

We were a three cat family but lost one of our boys soon after moving here 18 months ago.  A brindle female was not what we wanted and not at this time but what can you do.  If all goes well she has a new loving home, with us.  [:)]

Mr Cat

We will be going down to the vets later this afternoon to find out how the kitty is & if the operations were successful.  I've spent the whole morning thinking about her (& thinking of names!) while Mr Cat is trying not to get emotionally attached in case the news, from the vet, isn't good (notice how matter of fact his original post was - I even edited a bit of it & stuck the smilie face at the end!!)

How hard should we try to find out if someone owns her?!!  She is in good health (apart form the horrific injuries she sustained on the road) but is very thin.  Do all cats in France have to have a tattoo or chip?  I really hate the thought of someone missing & looking for her & not knowing what has happened ..... but I equally hate the thought that someone wasn't looking after her very well & having to return her to them!!  

[quote user="Russethouse"]She has a name doesn't she ? The title of the post ?[/quote]

More of a phrase than a name - not sure "Lucky" would really apply with two pinned legs & no tail!!  I'm leaning towards "Eloise" at the moment but still waiting to hear from the vet so still trying not to get too maternal!!

We are indeed very lucky with our vet.  We are away for part of this weekend so if all goes well, with the kitty, they will be keeping her in the surgery until Monday afternoon. 

Must try to stop thinking about her - my heart's pounding!!

Just to let you know that the kitten has had her operation & is doing well!!  We're going down to see her tomorrow & the vet says she is really lovely!!  Hopefully "baby" photos to follow next week when she comes home (once I get some valium into Mr. Cat!!) [:D]

Sorry they are such bad photos!!  They were taken very quickly at the vets today & poor wee thing kept trying to stand up (which she can't!!)  Will get much better ones next week, once she gets home & meets her new brother & sister!!

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/Eloise.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e332/Livingstone_Mark/Ellie.jpg[/IMG]

Well done and congratulations , she looks a sweetie. can I say she's landed on her feet [:)] No tail then she must be a Manx .....[;-)] now say that with a french accent and you have her name ...........Minx

Years of happiness to the five of you [kiss]

Archived