Complete France Forum

Brave Dog Buddy

Pads

[quote user="Pads"]I have just seen this on the news ... and had me blubbing as its so tipical loyal German Shepherd behavoir..

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2946482/Brave-Buddy-to-the-rescue.html[/quote]

Me too................. it's just what I would expect from my lovely, clever Val. (He's cheeky too).[:D]

Dogs are not dumb animals, give them plenty of physical and mental exercise (just like humans) and they flourish.

Leave them all alone, even in a posh house or garden, and they suffer and become destructive.

Love them, give them plenty of physical and mental exercise and you have the best friends ever for life.

How does an assistance dog or a police dog get to be so 'clever'? Answer: not only the breeding, but lots of attention, care, love & exercise.

[quote user="Polly"]Dogs are not dumb animals, give them plenty of physical and mental exercise (just like humans) and they flourish.

Leave them all alone, even in a posh house or garden, and they suffer and become destructive.

Love them, give them plenty of physical and mental exercise and you have the best friends ever for life.

How does an assistance dog or a police dog get to be so 'clever'? Answer: not only the breeding, but lots of attention, care, love & exercise.

[/quote]

I saw something on TV some months ago, forgotten exactly the programme but I am sure many of you saw it.  It was specifically about dogs and I was struck about a point the presenter made.  It would appear that dogs, from their long association with humans, have learnt about pointing and they are the only animal which will look, and go,  in the direction in which you point because, whilst pointing a finger is totally irrelevant to other animals,  dogs instinctively know that it means, "look there".  I have experimented with Val (who is utterly brilliant anyway[:P]) and it works every time, even when the object is not in sight but, for e.g., "over there" but behind a wall or hedge.  Those of you with trained dogs will know that their dog will follow a pointed finger, but try it if your dog is not super-trained and see what happens.

Archived