Complete France Forum

Breakers Network

Krill

Hi

don't know of a similar set up.

In any event, you will have to be quick ?

Front / rear bits ........ lights, bumber skins, grills are the first things that people buy. Now, if you wanted an interior light glass ....... that is much easier ?

Peter

Never want to do the rounds of breakers yards again after hunting for another engine last autumn! I think we visited every breakers in Poitou Charente.

Some have websites but they don't keep them up to date. Some are very well run and of course these are more expensive but just pop in, ask for what you want, and the guys will usually be able to find it quickly on their shelves.

I think you are fairly near us Krill? There is a good one just south of Poitiers. Look in www.pagesjaunes.fr for Casses automobiles.

Good luck..........helen

Krill, can't remember exactly where but somewhere on Gencay to Poitiers road. Anyway here are two that we remember:

CDDA at Le Trachis, 86700 Couhe (near RN10 south side of Couhé - we went there on the Gencay road)

and also on RN10 towards Angouleme just south of Mansle:

Casse Auto 16, RN10, Maine de Bois

They are both in pagesjaune if you want to ring/fax them.

Good luck........helen

[quote]Has anyone found a breakers network in France similar to Find -A Part in the U.K? I need a pair of headlights for a Peugeot 406 and would like to pay less than the 114 Euros each quoted for new ones ...[/quote]

"...114 Euros each quoted for new ones..."

would you PM me with the details please? that's exactly half of the sum my Peugeot dealer in Lege (44) quoted me yesterday !

(I only need the LH as I found the RH in a casse auto in La Roche... 112E was what they quoted me, but when he unearthed it, it had a lug broken off so I got it for 50E)

I'm still convinced, incidentally, that the bodies of the lamp clusters are the same, only the lens is different !

paul

Archived