Complete France Forum

Is my italian id card(and european patent) sufficient for New Caledonia?

Enzo

[quote user="Ron Avery"]I have not got a clue what you are asking and neither will anybody else on this Forum.  Try the French Embassy where you live.[/quote]

Thanks Ron, I didn't say that in case it was just me...................................[:D][:D]

Enzo

You are correct in that Nouvelle Caledonie is a Dom Tom as are Guadeloupe and French Guyana, but they are both administered as being part of mainland France and therefore you can travel there on your ID card.

However New Caledonia has a seperate semi-independant administration and  has the same passport controls as any other overseas country therefore you will need a passport to visit there.

I hope you do go there and enjoy your stay, I was really close and did indeed overfly it but malaria put an end to my travels.

It is a very, very expensive destination compared to other Melanesian countries.

Who said no-one here would be able to help?[:)]

Editted - Or do you want to drive there?[:D]

Flying to New Caledonia takes about 22 hours (been there, done that and even got the T-shirt!)

There is at least one stopover, possibly more and although an ID card is enough for French nationals to enter the territory, the advice for all travellers is to have a valid passport for the stopovers in foreign countries.

More info in English here: www.nouvelle-caledonie-tourisme.com

Archived