Complete France Forum

Green tax when registering your car

RicandJo

I've just been reading on the net about the new 'green' tax that will be levied on new registrations after 1st Jan 2008.

Does anybody know if this is going to be applied across the board to ALL new registrations or only on registrations of new vehicles?  Will classics be included in this tax?

If the latter then it looks like if I register my classic I'll be stung with 2,600 euros of tax for a car that will only be used for probably 2,000 k's per year [:@]

Unless I do all I can NOT to declare residency I suppose..........[Www]

[quote user="RicandJo"]

I've just been reading on the net about the new 'green' tax that will be levied on new registrations after 1st Jan 2008.

Does anybody know if this is going to be applied across the board to ALL new registrations or only on registrations of new vehicles?  Will classics be included in this tax?

If the latter then it looks like if I register my classic I'll be stung with 2,600 euros of tax for a car that will only be used for probably 2,000 k's per year [:@]

Unless I do all I can NOT to declare residency I suppose..........[Www]

[/quote]

It will apply to registrations of all new vehicles, it is called bonus malus as whilst some will pay others will get a fat rebate.

It will also apply to some (re)registrations of second hand vehicles, namely 4*4's of american manufacture[6][:D]

It will also apply to some (re)registrations of second hand vehicles, namely 4*4's of american manufacture

JR where did you read this bit??  According to my translation of the page posted earlier it will "be restricted to the purchase of new cars, says the Ministry of Ecology"

[:D][:D][:D]

Archived