Complete France Forum

selling a French registered R.H.Drive?

scarfish

Hello to all forum users...i'm new.

Just a question first of all, I imagine it's not allowed to advertize a car for sale here on the forum.?

Does anyone know of an effective way to advertize a RHD vehicle here in France, where it would be seen by lots of ex- pats? (as I can't imagine a French person wanting a conduite a droit!).

Probably a common question, so sorry if thats the case..

Welcome to the forum scarfish.

This question crops up from time to time and the general concensus of opinion seems to be that there is very little chance of selling it unless you're prepared to practically give it away.

You are correct in your belief that advertising is not allowed on this forum but there is another called Anglo Info I believe where adverts are accepted foc.

[:D] Hello, we did manage to sell a RHD French reg car in France .......to a fench lady who had lived in England for a couple of years. I think we were lucky, we had plenty of people looking at the car, as we just put a notice in its window and it was a good looking car and a real bargain (as the French seem to put very high prices on second hand cars) we got more than the market price in UK and a lot less thn the french would have asked, but most viewers were affraid of the RHD.

If I were you i should look for ex-pat publications in your area and try there first. these are usually in the racks in the doorways to supermarkests along with the immo mags..

Sorry Cathy... it's a big.....black.....4x4... and not I imagine anyway, thought of as cheap, couple of years old..!

But thanks to all for the comments so far forum fans...

Spent the evening reading through the other threads..  good forum..lots of subjects covered..

It has got to go at a serious discount to the same car in LHD. Apar from the monthly english language newspapers

http://www.totalfrance.com/france/forum/index.php

have a classified section unlike complete france. I have no problem with RHD in france for cars, but vans and big 4wd leave you with a serious blind spot at some T junctions and most roundabouts 

Archived