Complete France Forum

Customer service is alive and well in deepest France.....

Sunday Driver

I've always been well looked after by my local BMW dealer, but following our recent contratemps with a 'dozing' driver which resulted in our car being written off, I found the replacement cost of a similar aged 5-Series to be a bit too high, so I decided to go 'downmarket' and buy a three year old 307 from our local Peugeot dealer.  Automatic, loaded with all the available extras, plus the previous owners were an old couple who had only driven it for 15,000kms, so the car was 'as new'.  The salesperson (the gorgeous Sabrina) did me a good cash deal as well!

Having signed the order, the problem was that son and daughter would be arriving at Nantes airport that weekend and it wasn't certain that the insurance money would arrive in time to cover the cheque I'd be writing for the car.  I went in to see Sabrina on the Thursday and explained the situation, asking if they had a hire car that I could rent for the weekend.  No problem, she said.  Just write the cheque and pick the 307 up tomorrow - we'll hang onto the cheque and bank it later on next week.  Amazing - not something I'd have expected.

Having now had the car for two months, I received a free voucher to have the rear window security etched, so I popped into the garage this afternoon to arrange an appointment.

Talk about a welcome!  Sabrina came skipping out of her office - Bonjour Monsieur Sunday....how are you...how's Madame?  Is your back OK now.....did your son and daughter have a nice time here? etc.  The reception girls also came across for bisoux and a chat, and the boss was hauled out to be introduced.  A mechanic was summoned (more introductions) and he took the car away to do the job.  Coffees were produced and we all sat around and chatted until the car was ready.  They even washed it for me.

Not bad......[;-)]

Glad to hear your back on form again sunday driver[kiss]  hope Mrs sunday Driver is feeling as well.

I get lots of kisses when my Twingo Serviced my hbby did it for me[:D]

all the best keep on Driving

Judith XX

soon to be in france for 5 weeks[:D]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Talk about a welcome!  Sabrina came skipping out of her office - Bonjour Monsieur Sunday....how are you...how's Madame?  Is your back OK now.....did your son and daughter have a nice time here? etc.  The reception girls also came across for bisoux and a chat, and the boss was hauled out to be introduced.  A mechanic was summoned (more introductions) and he took the car away to do the job.  Coffees were produced and we all sat around and chatted until the car was ready.  They even washed it for me.

Not bad......[;-)]

[/quote]

This comes full circle to my posts about being kissed in the bank.  Thats service SD, maybe Peugeot try harder [:D]

[quote user="allanb"]I've never been kissed in either a bank or a car dealership.  What am I doing wrong?
[/quote]The photo I found of and your twin brother might be a clue, which one is you again [:D][:D][:D]

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/ugly-men.jpg[/IMG]

[quote user="sweet 17"]No good being jealous, folks.  SD just has that animal magnetism and is irristible to all![kiss][/quote]

I've never found him to be irrisistible personally......................................[:)]

But I wouldn't say that about  *******...................................................................[kiss]

I can be a whinger of Olympic proportions especially where French supermarkets are concerned but we get exactly the same sort of service that Sunday Driver is experiencing from Baudrey Automobiles the Ford dealer in La Roche sur Yon.

Maybe it's something to do with the nature of the industry where you have multi-national motor companies imposing high standards on their franchised dealerships.

We also get high levels of service from the Leclerc supermarket on the south side of La Roche.

And government departments....

I went to the dreaded CPAM in Niort the other day clutching our newly aquired E121's - we'd planned a day out shopping there and rather than just post them off, I thought I'd see for myself what the place was like.

The lady at the caisse that I spoke to didn't know anything about  E121s and tried to phone a colleague.  However, it seems that the colleague was on first lunches, so she apologised profusely that I'd travelled all the way from Bressuire and asked if we wouldn't mind coming back after 2pm.  No problem, I said, Mrs Sunday is in the car with her credit card handy for the shops.

When I called back later on and went into the waiting hall, the same women shouted across YooHoo, Monsieur Sunday... (she'd seen me arrive) and proceded to ask if we'd had a nice lunch, etc.  She then sent me up to a small office on the seventh floor to speak with Madame Somebodyorother.  She took my forms, tweaked something on the compter, and said That's it, all done.  She asked me for my old carte vitales and when I said they were at home, she said No bother, just pop them in the post and I'll send you the forms for the new photocard versions.

Painless and pleasant.

Archived