Complete France Forum

19.6 % or 5.5 %

sharkhunter

If I may re-enter the pedants' revolt...

The TVA number comprises two letters (FR - the country code) followed by two digits (apparently a 'data processing code' whatever that might mean) then the nine-digit SIREN (identification) number.

The SIRET number is the SIREN number (i.e. the business identifier) followed by a five-digit 'establishment code', because the same business may operate from several different branches.

So a TVA number should consist of two letters followed by 11 digits.

Hi guys, now that this thread is over....i hope, here is another thing to mull over. I put my car in for its CT, citroen xantia 2.0 turbo diesel knowing that the front suspension was not pumping up properly, had a chat with the garage mechanic beforehand and he said no problem, and guess what he was right. The car came back with its CT intact and no mention of the suspension problem.

Apparently the make and model is unique, my interpretation of the mechanics words, and as such the suspension has no bearing on the CT. Personally i felt that the car lost some of its cornering ability and as such made it more risky to drive, we live and learn eh !!

If the mods move this to a new thread then thats ok, had no intention of starting one cos this was just a wee bit of info for all to see

Regards, Hugh.

And finally, thanks to all, yes to all,  who posted on this thread i'm sure there was no ill feeling or mal intention either way [:D]

Archived