Complete France Forum

mercedes attestation required for certificate of conformitie

just john

when trying to get a CofC for my trusty W124 in France (originally LHD spec for germany) I was told by someone that I needed an inspection by a French mercedes dealer, so duly visited one (in Angouleme) and was told, no need, just send cheque for €125 and copy of UK logbook to Mercedes.

I received a reply (in english) informing me that I need to visit my Mercedes Dealer for an attestation that the  speedometer and headlights complied; (though it already had a CT) on returning to the dealer and explaining, they agreed that an attestation was necesary and would cost €16, adding this to my original paperwork and returning it to Mercedes France eventually got that vital Cof C [8-|]

Same experience with my W124, other than local Mercedes dealer (Agen), just typed out a letter saying lights and speedo OK but didnt charge anything. The  €125 is a bit heavy given all you get back is a one page form. Still it was sufficient for the local Sous Prefecture to do all the necessary paperwork. Incidently, the charges per CV were a lot less than than the prices quoted in the "Sticky". Those charges refer to Paris and local Departements can be about a third less. 

BobD

Archived