Complete France Forum

Starter motor in French

Kitty

Assuming you have a socket set and can easily access the nuts or bolts that hold the battery clamp in place they are about the easiest and probably one of the few thing left you can replace on a car your self. You may be able to do it withan adjustable spanner.  The website link shows how to do it.

Apart from voltage the two measures of battery power are ampere hours AH  and peak demand. My Peugeot needs 64 AH and 0640 A  your Nissan will need something bigger/more expensive Probably worth a tour of the Hypermarkets and places like Roady and Feau Verte.

Cathy, as Gosub has said go to Roady or similar and they will fit it for you.

Batteries are heavy, awkward and dangerous in un-skilled hands. Shorting out the terminals can cause nasty burns and potential damage to the electrics of the vehicle.

They (Roadys or similar) will also have a little gadget to plug into your cigarette lighter socket to protect your radio code from being lost. I've got one here but you are too far from me to borrow it.

If the code came with the vehicle the above will not be needed. you just have to re-programme the set when the new battery is fitted.

Gary.

Archived