Complete France Forum

405 euros for the Carte Gris (Edit: Total cost 1160 euros)

Kitty

[quote user="AnOther"][quote user="Jo"]Have tried using the sites for calculation, just got hopelessly confused[:$] not difficult! Anyone got a rough idea of how much it would cost to register a right hand drive Ford Mondeo (Year '99 fuel petrol)?[8-)][/quote]Need to know the engine size to be precise but it looks like either 6, 7 or possibly even 8CV which for dept 86 translates to €195, €227, or €258, reduced by 50% if the date of first registration is more than 10 years ago.

[/quote]

Engine size is 1.8, and it was first registered in 1999 not sure of the month without looking, we are hoping to move permanently when our UK house sells.....or when hell freezes over, whichever one comes first.....so it will be over 10 years. So saying 1.8 converts to 7CV.. as a guess[:$]...50% reduction of 227 euros? That makes it very reasonable[:D] I'm assuming that's for the Carte Gris?

Yes, that is for the Carte Grise.

[quote user="wallifer"]I think I worked out for a 2004 Mondeo 2.0 LX TDI estate the CG would be either 323 or 369 euros[/quote]I have no idea where you got your numbers from but depending on whether it is 115bhp or 130bhp it should be either 7 or 8CV which for your department works out at €178 or €236.

To get into the €350 range you're looking at around 12CV and it is only the 2.3 and 2.5 Mondeos which nudge into that territory at 11 & 14CV respectively.

[quote user="Jo"]The weather must be the explanation then, it's been chucking it down all day today and has struggled to reach 19[:(] needless to say, I'm at the UK property[:-))]

[/quote]19, my pool is nearly 10deg more than that, I feel a midnight dip coming on [Www]

Archived