Complete France Forum

car scams- whats going on

krusty

I have seen two cars recently on leboncoin and vivastreet.

Both seamed like bargains , 6000e value for 2000e.

I have sent an email to each , and both respond with a simlar story ....urgant sale required , send your name and address and they will deliver , if you don't like the car you do not pay.

The adverts have been removed after a few hours.

Obviously I have gone no further , "you don't get owt for nowt in this world".

But what is the scam ?

I had the same thing, I was looking for a car for my girlfirend, amaizing how many "bargains" you can get for around 4,000 euro, you should be aware that the scammers are there, they sell expensive cars at very low prices to get people in, and then they go for the kill.  I hate these people, I send all the details right back to leboncoin or paruvendu and they delete them when they find them.  There is also a scam site for teh French police where you can leave the details, some people actually go through with the deal, and tell the police about it, they wait for the people to turn up, then arrest them.  It's really up to what kind of person you are and how much involved you want to get with them.  Personally I just notify the police and leave them to it.  thats what they are paid to do......but you must be aware that they are out there dying to get their hands on your money/details.  Give nothing out.....

Archived