Complete France Forum

Rolling Road Tuning

JMB

Might be worth having a look at either Maxi Tuning or Boost Tuning magazines. Both are far to Max Power to my taste. I have not discovered a French motoring magazine which list Rolling Roads like CCC used to do in the UK and Practical Performance Car still does,

Most tunning places seem to fit sound systems,glass fibre spoilers and Nascar ducts the wrong way round. 

They are not nearly as prevelant as in UK, and I dont know of any in the area, sadly.

I have a little project in mind that would really require one, but since I cant find anythig locally, its all on hold for the forseeable future.

Since engine swaps are not legal ( except in a few cases) and most serious engine tuning is frowned upon by insurers, the entire french car modifying scene is geared more towards looks and sounds, hence the "tuning" magazines being filled with garishly coloured fibreglass monstrosities usually based on low spec diesel models.

Oh thse postings made me chuckle and oh so true!

Dave if you want a power run on some rollers you will have to do the usual.

But one on E-bay together with a tow car and trailer, E-bay UK naturally and then sell the lot for a 500 -1000% profit afterwards, sounds a lot but far less hassle than trying to arrange one in France not to mention the cost.

[quote user="dave21478"]Since engine swaps are not legal ( except in a few cases) and most serious engine tuning is frowned upon by insurers, the entire french car modifying scene is geared more towards looks and sounds, hence the "tuning" magazines being filled with garishly coloured fibreglass monstrosities usually based on low spec diesel models.

[/quote]

Dave, I think you might just have found the solution to what I have long ben looking for, namely an UK - France car selling money making scheme.

I am going to take a punt next time I return to the UK and buy the most horrific "shed" of a "Kevmobile" that I can lay my hands on for next to no money.

Kevins usually start out by setting a price equal to what they have spent turning their base spec car into a shed but eventually have to accept that they may have to pay someone to take the Kevmobile off their hands.

According to my calcs every £500 pound that they spend on Kev accessories and upgrades will reduce the UK value of the car by £1000 but add €2000 to the French price, easy innit! [;-)]

If I pick something perhaps Japanese that has an EU COC but not a popular model or even non existant in France, one where the tuning bits are hideously expensive, le Kev will be so impressed by its cool look at me value that he wont be bothered about the wheel being on the side where Julie normally sits.

The icing on the cake being that I wont have to pay for la carte grise.

I am seriously going to give this a try following my success selling the most garish coloured student type backpack that you have ever seen, I bought it for 15p at an UK autojumble to carry the bits that were weighing me down, the seller said I was very brave to be seen wearing it, in France they were fighting over it on my redérie stand.

Archived